Youth@SaintBrigid offers high school students an opportunity to get together each week and socialize, share, learn, grow and do service in our community. Our growth as disciples of Jesus didn’t stop at Confirmation and Youth@SaintBrigid allows you to live out all you have learned and have fun doing it.
This isn’t another class for you to sit in, it’s an opportunity to make friends, and figure out what it means to be a Catholic teenager today. In addition to our service activities, there will be guest speakers, movie nights, retreats and a whole lot more!
We have a lot of great events planned this year, things like:
Midnight Runs- where we bring food, clothing and other supplies to the homeless living on the streets of New York City, the National Catholic Youth Conference in Indianapolis, Retreat experiences and our Teen in Action service mission.
Our group consists of teens from many different high schools (Catholic and public.)
We understand how busy you all are, so if you can’t make it one week, just come on over the next. We are here every Sunday from October through June (except when we have holiday weekends.)
This is YOUR youth ministry...
Be involved in one, some or all of our events!
Additional Information about Y@SB
1) In order to defray program costs and also to encourage commitment from participants, we are asking that each family help support our mission.
A $25 donation ($40 max if more than 1 student in a household - so a sibling pair/group would give $40) includes a Youth@SaintBrigid t-shirt.
A $20 donation ($35 max if more than 1 student in a household - so a sibling pair/group would give $35) - no t-shirt.
Families are welcome to discuss this with our Youth Minister, Vince, if there are any questions or concerns as this should in no way prohibit participation in Youth@SaintBrigid.
2) Permission slips for all events and any fees are due back by the deadlines communicated.
3) Info sheets with required emergency contact information and health insurance are required.
4) We meet every Sunday from 7pm-9pm in the Teen Center. If any student needs to leave early a parent must enter the building for dismissal.
5) We generally DO NOT meet on Sundays where it is part of a public school 3 day weekend.
6) Our communications will use the REMIND app. Text @ad4h8 to 81010
7)Facebook: StBrigid YouthNet
9) Pizza is available weekly at $2 per slice. There is no charge for beverages.
10) We commit to a technology free space during our meetings.